Friday 22 January 2010

The Reason for Being

This blog was born because I spend a lot of time trawling health, fitness, food and lifestyle blogs. All great blogs, with great content. However, they essentially all American. With subjects based about American food culture and American seasons. And when we're sweltering through a 40c (that's Celsius!) day, the last thing I want to read about is how to winterize your workout or how to make that old-school chicken soup recipe.

So with this in mind, I am going to try creating my own lifestyle blog. The aim is to focus local ingredients, local businesses and local seasonal food and activities. It is about the stuff in my life that I do, that I create and that I enjoy.

At this point, I think I should explain what my lifestyle, er, style is. I'm one of the biggest gym bunny around, I love doing group fitness classes, love kickboxing and am not afraid of no weights area. My food approach is what I like to think is enviromentally friendly and primal. Really getting my hands dirty to prepare food and sourcing ingredients in places like the farmer's market when possible (and when budget allows, unfortunately I have to be selective about this.) I absolutely love using the oven, and you'll soon notice this, I'm sure.

With this in mind, my goal is to share the delights I come across in life, hopefully inspire new ideas in you and in turn, be inspired by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment