Saturday 20 December 2014

Celestial Cosmetics Deck the Halls

This is Deck the Halls with some glitter placement for a little holographic tree. I fished the glitter out of Kester Black Nebula. The tree is wonky, I clearly need more practice lining things up on my nails! It's tricky, especially since I am working on it upside down! It's my first Christmas mani this year, I might be inspired again, but hard to say at this stage. I have so many pretties that are so sparkly and complex, I don't feel the need to add more.

In sunlight
From this year's Christmas collection, Deck the Halls is a mulberry-ish purple with fine glitter dust, microdots and small aqua blue and purple dots and some holo circles and some pink diamond-shaped glitters. The jelly formula was relatively easy to work with and I only needed two coats for the coverage you see here. It's top coat hungry though, two coats of hk girl top coat wasn't enough to smooth it out. Should have used my Essence gel look top coat to feed it first!

The Kester Black Nebula appears to have good glitter payload. I got more than enough glitter for the tree with one dip. Also, I've been using a clear, soak off gel manicure as base to try protect my corners. It's going ok so far. Hopefully I don't add any more cracks to the tips.

In shade

No comments:

Post a Comment