Sunday 6 March 2011

A moment to pause

Life has been pretty crazy since Uni started. With a timetable that's all over the place and a full day's work on Monday, I've found that the only way to get anything done during the week is to schedule it during the 3 hour breaks I have between classes. So it's dashes off to the city for gym or back home for dentist appointments. I have had to really work at getting my readings done before class. In fact, I didn't do such a great job for the first few days, only on for Friday's class did I manage to get all the prescribed readings done.

In between all this, I was also trying to do extra Body Attack work for the AIM module today. So my whole weekend has been smashing my body, learning the steps and then today, having someone drill me on technique and posture and so forth.

Right now I feel like a wreck, all I can think about is getting a massage. I don't feel my current level of activities is sustainable. I am going to have to work on doing more uni work and less of these random commitments. I do anticipate it settling down a little, but it's going to have to happen soon, or I will burn out. I was initially annoyed that next Monday is a public holiday, as it meant I lose a day of work. But upon reflection, that extra day off would be good for me to catch my breath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment