Monday 10 March 2014

A very lady-like two-toned pastel colour block manicure

I wanted something that looked a bit interesting and matched my outfit, but didn't have the time to go all out. Then I saw this manicure tutorial on the Lulu blog and realised I could adapt it for my outfit.I had a lovely lavender purple that I wanted to try out. It's a Napoleon polish, but I have a feeling it may only come as a limited edition with this clutch bag set (white swan). I'd gotten it for my sister as a birthday present, because I knew she'd like the purple, but the ungrateful b***h didn't like the bag and didn't even bother looking inside. SO IT'S ALL MINE NOW.




What do you think? It's not quite as neat, but I did paint this just before going to bed and I was more concerned about time then perfection. Plus adding the UV topcoat, made it even thicker. Next time, I will definitely wait a bit longer between layers and do thinner coats.

I was worried the lavender would be hard to get opaque, but it actually goes on really well. I am very happy with it and it's the only light purple in my whole collection.

Btw, the mint is my trusty Sally Hansen and the gold is the only polish I have that comes with a stripper brush. I picked that up in either Germany or Austria last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment