Thursday 26 June 2014

Fun and Easy Personalised Gift Ribbon

Early this month, I was invited to a 1st birthday party. As per usual, my friend gives out her invites with very short notice (if I remember correctly, for her wedding, I got the invite about 3 weeks out!) With all the other stuff going on in my life, clearly I was not going to be able to organise an amazingly thoughtful and unique gift. But I didn't want to just go over with a stuffed toy, so I re-purposed some white ribbon I had into a cute birthday greeting/decoration using the fabric markers I had from my Ikea curtains project. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this. 


As you can see, the colours spread really quickly on the material. I had to develop a technique of writing a letter and then quickly ironing the letter to set it to stop it from running too much.

And here's how the gift looked. It is a very cute toy, with a nice big head and narrow neck, perfect for a cheeky 1 year old to grab on. When I arrived, he was having a little cry about something, but when I pulled out the toy, he kinda looked at it and went, "Oh, for me?"



As you can see, it was a very cute dinosaur, and I was tempted to keep him for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment