Saturday 17 January 2015

An Indie Extravaganza 2 from Powder Perfect swatches - part 2

I now have the remaining half the the Indie Extravaganza Volume II to share. The first part is here. I didn't time using these polishes well. *sigh* The weather in Melbourne hasn't been all that cooperative in terms of sunshine and I kept missing out on the good sunny moments. 

I've also been trying out a slightly different hand pose — with a slight angle/tilt. Not sure if it's better, but it does mean the names on the bottles show if they are on the bottom!

All of three polishes were painted on PVA glue base and topped first with Essence gel-look plumping top coat and then finished with HK Girl top coat for a smooth, glossy finish that is easy to remove! Sort of easy. Depends on my glue application. I am not sure if I've mentioned before, but I had not tried any of the brands in this volume. Just, you know, FYI.


First up in part time is Two Birds Lacquer with Popcorn. Admittedly not my favourite confectionery.
As for the polish. Well, it's a yellow... and so it did take 4 coats to achieve the colour you see here. As you can see it's a creamy yellow shade, and sort of jelly-like, with tiny black specks. There were so larger glitters, a medium hex and a large hex glitter in there, but like the kernel skin of it's namesake, hard to get out. It's hard to fish though, because the polish itself is relatively opaque. I am not fussed about that as I am not so into the big glitter at the moment. I am quite happy with the glitters I did get out. I even see a hint of micro holo in there!


The next is Shades of Phoenix's contribution, Triton. SoP is one of those indies brands that I first noticed and made me pay attention to the indie world, but I never actually got one until now! Sadly, this was the only sort-of in focus photo I managed. The light was terrible and I forgot to try again later. 

The polish itself was good, but if you look, you might see some little triangles in it, but I couldn't fish it out of the bottle! I think that on the left hand, only the ring finger managed to get one.


And the last but not least, Hollish Office Party. To me, it was reminiscence of Emily de Molly Somber Party. Both are blueish-greyish cremes with glitters. A serious polish with a fun side. The glitters are larger here of course, but still easy to apply, no fishing required (but do of course make sure you've mixed it a little!).


Both this and Peita's Polish Flying Trapeze appeared to have used the same combo of pink and aqua small dot glitters. Luckily, I love that colour combo!


So my overall thoughts, all had that great formula that I am coming to expect from all the aussie indies, although the two favourites for me are Peita's Polish Flying Trapeze and Hollish Office Party. I felt that the purple holo was a bit typical and the two with the larger glitters was too hard to fish onto the nail. Neither shade suited me particularly well either, I thought. 

I believe these are still available from Powder Perfect's store here.


No comments:

Post a Comment