Monday 21 April 2014

Retro decals with Alanna Renee Hedwig

One that's been sitting in my drafts for a while. I'm playing a never-ending game of catch up with photos, as I so rarely download the photos and then take another few weeks to write something to go with it. Maybe I should consider a switch to Instagram? The wannabe pro photog inside me can't bear the idea of not getting high quality photos to share with the world though. 

Anyway, to some nails.

I purchased these water decals from the Born Pretty Store. But to do a whole mani with them seemed a bit busy for my tastes, so I went with the double accent look with them. The decals are actually transparent, not with a white background, but in the end I decided that white was the best base for the decals. The Alanna Renee Hedwig had the little bits of glitter in the same colour family. 

I really wanted to love it, with its Harry Potter reference, clean logo and workplace friendliness. But it is actually not a very good polish. 

The next time I use it, I'd put down a white base, as it took me about 3-4 coats to make opaque and I probably should have thought to add some nail polish thinner, as it was rather thick and lumpy. 


If it all goes well, I might even get my Easter manicure up here before the EOFY! I actually rather love the nails I'm sporting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment