Tuesday 6 May 2014

Baked Kale Chips and Mussels Makes a Lazy Lunch

My recent food obsession includes baked kale chips. I adore it and it's so easy too! And the guinea piggies love it too and even deign to eat the stems up too! Win-win for all!


I started with Nom Nom Paleo's recipe and have adjusted it to suit me.

The steps are:
  1. Preheat oven to about 150C
  2. wash kale, dry and tear into pieces
  3. Toss in oil (I have been using olive oil)
  4. Place on baking tray
  5. Bake in oven for about 10 mins - watch it closely so it does not burn
  6. Take out and season as desired (I usually crack some salt and a touch of MSG)
NB: I had to dial down both the temp and time from the recipe. It probably depends on your oven, play around.


And to make it a complete meal, I also made Mussels with green curry sauce. 

The steps are:
  1. Heater water in a steamer
  2. Chuck in mussels steaming section
  3. In saucepan heat green curry paste
  4. Add coconut milk and fish sauce and extra chilli if you want an extra kick
  5. By this time, mussels shells should have popped opened
  6. Serve mussels with green curry soup poured above



No comments:

Post a Comment