Monday 27 January 2014

Making a statement with Australia Day nails

There's been lots of green and gold, beach scenes and flag nails floating around, but one theme that seems to be missing the acknowledgement that the day also marks the beginning of the decimation of a people, and the birth of Australia as we know it was built over the death of a multitude of local culture. I think celebrating Federation is more appropriate, marking the real beginning of Australia's current political landscape, when all the states banded together and separated from England to begin the path we are on now. But I'm sure someone will have an argument against that also.

Anyway, with my Dad still recovering in hospital, I don't have the time or energy for processing photos, so we're getting phone photos.

Also included are some more baby guinea pigs and my cute little hairdo inspired by this triple bun tutorial on Lulu.




No comments:

Post a Comment