Wednesday 16 July 2014

Blue, Blue and Pink: dry marbling/polish dragging simple nail art

As I am house-sitting, I don't have as many polish to choose from as usual. All the polishes here I have purchased in June... I bought a lot of nail polish in June. So much for cutting down because I am not working. Opps! (At least I have so far managed to resist buying the awesome looking neon, holo polishes Celestial Cosmetic released recently?)
The marble effect was best on my right thumb and left ring finger I think
The dry marbling, effect was never really a look that interested me. It looks a bit too hippy, tie-dyed look for my taste. But I wanted something visually interesting but not too fussy. I was limited by the fact that I didn't have any tape or sponges with me. So I figured, what the hell, let's give this technique a go. I used my smallest point dotting tool to do the dragging. 

The polishes I used: Revlon Coastal Surf, Revlon Parfumerie African Tea Rose and Sally Hansen Pacific Blue. And yes, African Tea Rose does smell like roses. Like old school, rose scented soap!


No comments:

Post a Comment