Sunday 22 September 2013

31 Day Challenge 2013 - 07 B&W Nails

In my mind, I think black and white, I think geometric shapes. But then I saw some bamboo print on the glass front of a Japanese restaurant and was inspired to do bamboo prints. And what goes with bamboo? Pandas!

And note that it took me almost a week to update. Yes, I did wear the violet nails for almost a week!

So after my usual OPI base, I used Mode's So Parisian. It's a new white I picked up from a sale bin a few weeks ago, but as usual, it's really sheer. I used about 4 coats here! I do love the white nail polish look though. I think it's time I invested in a nice opaque white like OPI's Alpine Snow for nail art, which is what I see so many nail bloggers use for white.

Lovely shot of both hands

The black was added with a black permanent marker and then everything was topped off with Revlon's Matte Top Coat. The eyes were tricky, and because I had redone them once, I was too impatient to wait for it to dry properly, hence the smudged eyes! Not enough white polish either, so the black is bleeding through and this morning, my right panda has blue eyes!

Closer look at my left hand

No comments:

Post a Comment